The death of a British woman from a drug and alcohol overdose in Bangkok’s backpacker district of Khao San Road is a reminder to avoid playing with substances you can’t control. The woman died of heart failure most likely brought on by morphine and alcohol consumption. Khao San Road is known for its easy availability of drugs, and the temptation of an exotic thrill far from home can be strong in a neighborhood of cheap hostels and raucous nightlife. Police report that they encounter two to three deaths of foreign tourists by drug overdose each month. The woman had left England for a round-the-world trip only April 1.