- San Giovanni
In Travelers’ Tales Tuscany, readers discover for themselves “What’s it like to be there?” through the true stories of other travelers. Visit this beloved and magical area and:
- Trek the hills of Chianti en route to the best meal of your life with John Flinn
- Explore the enchanting walled city of San Gimignano with Barbara Grizzuti Harrison and experience a wrinkle in time
- Participate in the ancient dance of the grape harvest with Ferenc Máté outside Montepulciano
- Share a magical moment in Florence with Lucy McCauley, thanks to a special winged-shoe messenger
- Relive the poignant last days of World War II with veteran William Zinsser on a birthday pilgrimage to Siena
- Refresh yourself in the waters of a Tuscan thermal spa with Libby Lubin
Want to read more about Italy?
Discover the land of your most ancient dreams. These adventures into Italy take the reader far beyond a packaged tour to encounter the land of magical extremes. Meet sculptors, olive harvesters, art historians, cooks, and grandparents, whose stories soar with opera and simmer with romance, bribes, and the best food on Earth. Funny, heart-wrenching, and smart, herein ancient Italy is revealed as always new, while contemporary Italy speaks the old verities of the heart.
Notable authors include: Tim Parks, Matthew Spender, Barbara Grizzuti Harrison, Gary Paul Nabhan, and Mary Taylor Simeti.
About World Wizard:
World Wizard is a weekly geo quiz compiled by the editors at Travelers’ Tales.