Edited by Lucy McCauley
Including stories by Gabriel García Márquez, Barbara Kingsolver, Calvin Trillin, Jeff Greenwald, Norman Lewis, Colm Tóibín, Penelope Casas and many more
“More than an anthology, Travelers’ Tales Spain is a deftly woven tapestry of literary threads .”
From Antonio Gaudi’s whimsical wonderland in Barcelona to the majestic summits of Alhambra, Travelers’ Tales Spain invites readers to roam the country end to end and let their imaginations take flight. Spain is a place where adventure lurks in every corner and dreams and reality collide—culminating in an unforgettable cultural experience. Get swept away by the sounds, spices and spirit of Spain through this collection of 43 stories told by travelers from around the globe. Travelers’ Tales Spain will heighten the senses, touch the heart and leave readers yearning for more.
In Travelers’ Tales Spain readers will:
- Throw the itinerary out the window and join Joel Simon as he gets ready to embark in an age-old fiesta.
- Learn to brave rabid dogs and vexing wheat fields with Jack Hitt as he makes the 500-mile trek to Santiago.
- Get lost in the haunted back alleys of Catalonia with Colm Tóibín as he experiences the death and startling rebirth of a proud region.
- Chase Don Quixote and his windmills with Nicholas Wollaston.
- Join Louis De Bernières as he survives the “red tornado” of the world’s biggest food fight.
- Explore the power of the senses with Gabriel García Márquez as he rediscovers the strong connection between the ancestry of flavor and family.
- Experience the wonder of a private Majorcan garden with Jill Burberry.
- Step into the past with Penelope Casas as she wanders the fateful grounds of Alhambra and falls under the spell of the ancient Moorish kings
- & much more.
About the editor
Lucy McCauley is the editor of two other Travelers’ Tales books, Women in the Wild and A Woman’s Path (co-edited with Amy G. Carlson and Jennifer Leo). Her work has appeared in such publications as the Atlantic Monthly, the Los Angeles Times, Harvard Review, Salon.com, and Fast Company magazine. A freelance writer and editor, she divides her time between Dallas, Texas and Cambridge, Massachusetts.
About Travelers’ Tales
Founded in 1993, Travelers’ Tales is celebrating its many years of excellence in travel publishing with the publication of Travelers’ Tales Spain. By publishing the best travel writing from world-famous authors and new and emerging writers, the editors’ goal is to inspire and enlighten readers through true stories by travelers who have explored the depths of their experiences. The award-winning series includes: country and regional guides; books which explore the themes of women’s travel, spirituality, food, humor, and adventure; travel advice books; Footsteps: The Soul of Travel, a series of single-author travel narratives; and Travelers’ Tales Classics, a series which introduces out-of-print favorites of travel literature to a new audience. Travelers’ Tales Spain (Updated) is the latest in the country and regional guide series.
Travelers’ Tales…the Power of a Good Story.
Travelers’ Tales Spain
Edited by Lucy McCauley
$19.95, 464 pages
5 1/8″ x 8″