What Greek island did the mythological creature the minotaur live on?
Want to read more on Greece?
No country entices the traveler quite like Greece. With hundreds of islands dotting legendary seas, sumptuous Mediterranean food, and superb hospitality, Greece hosts a traveler’s every pleasure. A land of gods and goddesses, myth and tradition, and the birthplace of drama and democracy, this luminous country overflows with history, culture, and intrigue.
On this Greek odyssey, you will:
- Discover the modern secrets of the Oracle of Delphi with Paul Theroux
- Settle in with recent arrival Patricia Storace as she uncovers the ancient charms of her modern Athens neighborhood
- Journey into the “terrain of lust and passion and hallucination” as Robert D. Kaplan explores what makes Greece so alluring
- Climb to the abode of gods with Caroline Alexander on her trek up Mount Olympus
- Travel to a perfect beach on Naxos with Laurie Gough as she meets a mysterious crone
- Explore the rich spiritual culture on Mouth Athos with Tom Joyce
And much more.
About World Wizard:
World Wizard is a weekly geo quiz compiled by the editors at Travelers’ Tales.